The Chamber’s annual strategic plan is coordinated by the board of directors, members and staff.
1. Strategic Alliances
* Implement organizational changes with Yankton Area Progressive Growth and the Office of Economic Development.
* Develop at least one new strategic alliance during the year.
* Increase personal contact with members
* Investigate and implement additional forms of electronic communication where appropriate.
* Utilize ChamberMaster software program to its full potential.
3. Retain and Grow Membership
* Roll-out “Bundle-Up” program.
* Develop at least one new event to target non-members.
* Improve impact of mixer events and increase member participation.
* Improve member participation in serving as committee and board members, and in reviewing and improving relevance of programs, resources, events, and benefits offered by the Chamber.
4. Public Policy
* Develop a “Political Watch Dog”.
* Finalize and implement Public Policy program.
* Improve Chamber presence at legislative sessions or other public policy meetings.