2014 Strategic Plan
• Legislation – Research and make recommendations to the board concerning
• Governmental Affairs Advocacy Newsletter – Weekly e-blast highlighting
bills and the “pros” and “cons” of each.
• Legislative Coffees - Sponsor three coffees on Saturday mornings during
the legislative session.
• Yankton Day at the Legislature – February 11, 2014
• Sponsor Pre and Post-Legislative Luncheons.
• Washington, D.C. Trip plan and coordinate annual trip in April.
• Candidate Forums – Sponsor any necessary local candidate forums.
• Develop Regional Government Group – To bring together smaller
community Chambers and Community Clubs to create a coalition that
represents the extreme Southeastern area of South Dakota.
Meetings are held the second Tuesday
at noon at the Yankton Chamber &
Visitors Center Conference Room,
803 E. 4th St.
Kevin Watt, First Dakota National Bank
Co-Chair: Charlie Gross, Mount Marty College
Shane Bertsch, Lewis & Clark Recreation Area (Board Liaison)
Colleen Craig-Davis, South Dakota Human Services Center
Terra Fisher, Individual Member
Jake Hoffner, Hoffner Aviation
Bernie Hunhoff, South Dakota State Representative
Jean Hunhoff, South Dakota State Senator
Arlene Kathan, Individual Member
Beth Kathol, Ability Building Services, Inc.
Heath Larson, John A. Conkling Distributing
Amy Nelson, City of Yankton
Lisa Scheve, Yankton Convention & Visitors Bureau
Allen Sinclair, Yankton County
Mike Stevens, South Dakota State Representative
Skip VanDerhule, VanDerhule Moving & Storage, Inc.
For more information or to join the Governmental Affairs Committee e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (605) 665-3636.