To enhance Yankton’s area surface, rail and air transportation infrastructure.
2013 Strategic Plan
• Pan American Highway Association Membership ~ Maintain an active
involvement with northeast Nebraska communities to encourage four-lane
from Yankton to Norfolk on Highway 81.
• Four-Lane North of Yankton
• Meridian Bridge Area Development – Maintain involvement with the
activities associated with the conversion and other downtown area
• Legislation – Monitor local, state and federal legislation pertaining to
transportation and utility issues and make recommendations to
Governmental Affairs and the Board
• Street Improvements - Continue active involvement with the signaling
and construction of 4th Street due to increased traffic and other projects
as they are initiated
• Reliever Route – Continue to promote from East Highway 50 around
Yankton to North Highway 81.
• Highway 46 from Intersection with Highway 81 to Beresford -
Continue to promote shoulder, re-grade and resurface improvements
• Airport – Promote improvements, maintenance and utilization
• Yankton County Road Improvements – Continue to monitor and
promote critical County road improvement projects
Meetings are held the fourth Thursday at noon at the Yankton Chamber & Visitors Center Conference Room, 803 E. 4th St..
Mike Healy, Individual Member
Co-Chair: Brad Wenande, Northwestern Energy
Chuck Aman, Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. (Board Liason)
Vernon Arens, Arens Engineering
Bob Cappel, Individual Member
Joe Gertsema, Yankton School District 63-3
Charlie Gross, Mount Marty College
Brian Gustad, Yankton County
Jeffery Hines, Bartlett & West
Jean Hunhoff, Avera Sacred Heart Hospital
Mark Johnson, Eisenbraun & Associates, Inc.
Brett Kennedy, Eisenbraun & Associates, Inc. (Board Liaison)
Kevin Kuhl, City of Yankton
Jim Means, First Dakota National Bank
Dave Mingo, City of Yankton
Amy Nelson, City of Yankton
Tom Noecker, MW Towing & Automotive Services
Chip Simonsen, Masonry Components, Inc.
Kevin Domogalla, Nebraska Department of Roads
Gary Kimm, Pan American Highway Association
Ron Peterson, South Dakota Department of Transportation
Bob Wiebelhaus, Nebraska Department of Transportation
For more information or to join the Transportation Committee e-mail email@example.com or call (605) 665-3636.